Contribution points are a point based currency acquired by completing quests.
These points have multiple uses from purchasing houses, unlocking nodes, to renting items, and increasing drop rates in specific areas. You do not spend contribution points as much as you invest it, as you are able to withdraw the investment at no loss later.
How to obtain
- Quests - Most quests will offer contribution exp as a reward. Some of these are repeatable and typically require you kill a set number of monsters in the vicinity.
- New Areas - For each new area you explore you will receive contribution, experience, and additional knowledge.
- Crafting/Gathering Byproducts - Cooking, alchemy and farming produce byproducts, which can be turned in, to specific NPC’s, for contribution exp.
- Local Guardian - When monsters attack towns at night you can kill them and collect tokens as proof of your work defending the area. Turning in these tokens will consume energy, but they also reward contribution.
- Invested Contribution - If you invested your contribution points in a node all you have to do is open the world map, click the node you invested in and click the withdraw button.
- Rental Items - When the rented item is returned to the NPC who rented it out, you will regain the contribution spent to acquire it.
- Houses - If you have purchased a house, navigate your map to the specific town, then click on the house you have rented, you will find a button to sell the house. Selling the house will remove the benefits the house granted you but restore the contribution invested.